Nancy McPartland, LCSW-c, MS, IYAT
I have been working as a psychotherapist for over 20 years. I spent most of my career working as an outpatient youth and family therapist. As my career progressed, I have taken on many different roles in the healing profession. Currently, I am working for the University of Maryland Center for Integrative Medicine (CIM) educating the medical staff in Reiki and Yoga Therapy. Additionally, I am serving as Director of Continuing Education for Social Workers at Mind Xtension Online Continuing Education.
I began my love affair with yoga in 1989 and became a teacher in the Iyengar Tradition in 1996. I use yoga as a tool toward the advancement of mental health via exploring the emotional benefits of the postures. Students are assisted in building connections between themselves and the divine goodness that resides in each one of us, thus releasing their unlimited potential. I teach regular yoga classes throughout Baltimore city and county at Baltimore Yoga, Susquehanna Yoga Center, JCC, Brick Bodies, and SDK Pilates.
My passion for learning has resulted in an ongoing quest for higher education. Listed below are some of my most invaluable endeavors.
- University of Maryland: Baltimore, Maryland Master of Social Work, May 1999. Specialization: Clinical Mental Health.
- Loyola College: Baltimore, Maryland Master of Science, 1996 Major: Counseling Psychology.
- Solution focused/task oriented training 40 hours
- Emotional Freedom Therapy 40 hours with Dan Holler
- Play therapy and Filial therapy training with Rise VanFleet
- AAMFT training, 125 hours with Israela Meyerstien
- Yalom Group Therapy Certification
- Member ASWB
- 1998- 200 hours Iyengar Certification
- 1999- 40 hours Radiant Child Certification
- 1999- 40 hours John Friend Anusara
- 2006- 200 hours Kim Manfredi Hot Vinyasa
- 2010-50 hours Jayne Bernasconi Aerial Yoga
- 2011-50 hours Bonnie Tarantino Reiki Master Training
- 2012-8 hours Yoga Therapy Paramanand Institute, Indore India
- ERYT-500 Experienced registered yoga teacher trainer with Yoga Alliance
- IAYT: International Association of Yoga Therapists